Calming Scent: Essential oil blend with French lavender and tea tree.
Super Sensitive Product Description: California Baby® Super Sensitive Diaper Rash Ointment works extra-gently for those with ultra-delicate skin. With zero fragrances and no scent-masking agents, there’s nothing standing in between baby’s bottom and our simplistic blend of the highest quality ingredients: vitamin-grade, naturally-based zinc oxide (12%) and ultra-purified lanolin. This natural Diaper Rash Ointment battles the harsh redness and painful rash caused by organic skin antagonists, while also protecting the delicate skin from chemicals commonly found in disposable diapers.
For extra soothing, our food-grade diaper rash ointment also includes the purest vegetable glycerin, and organic aloe vera and calendula extract.
Calming Product description: The superior ingredients in California Baby® Diaper Rash Ointment work together to prevent new diaper rash from occurring by creating a moisture barrier-without chemicals-between baby's bottom and the chemical irritants found in most disposable diapers, not to mention urine and...you know.
Our natural, food-grade diaper rash ointment includes ingredients such as ultra-purified lanolin and vitamin-grade zinc (12%), in addition to organic tea tree and coconut oil. California Baby® Diaper Rash Ointment contains our proprietary Calming™ pure essential oil blend which includes French lavender.
Cloth Diaper FAQ: California Baby uses USP pharmaceutical grade lanolin, which is ultra-purified, instead of petroleum based or fish oil ingredients as a moisture barrier in our diaper rash ointment. Because lanolin will melt when diapers are washed in the hot water cycle, our Diaper Rash Ointment should not leave a residue or affect the absorbency of cloth diapers. We suggest you patch test prior to use.
Super Sensitive Formula For Grownups:
Our Super Sensitive Diaper Rash Ointment can double as a non-steroid alternative in providing soothing relief to eczema and other sensitive skin conditions. Dab California Baby® Diaper Rash Ointment on facial blemishes to help dry them up and decrease redness. Incontinent adults will appreciate this ointment.
Calming Formula For Grownups:
Dab California Baby® Diaper Rash Ointment on facial blemishes to help dry them up and decrease redness.
Incontinent adults will appreciate this ointment.Benefits & Features:
- Contains organic and sustainably grown ingredients
- Flip-top cap for quick and easy, one-handed use.
- Rich and creamy
- Our Diaper Rash Ointment is made with ultra-purified lanolin, instead of the more typical mineral oil found in diaper rash ointments, to create a moisture barrier
- May be used on moist red rashes
- May be used at every diaper change to insure diaper rash protection
- When a severe diaper rash is present, wash with our Non-Burning & Calming™ Diaper Area Wash and follow with Diaper Rash Ointment
- Moms swear, "It works to cure diaper rash!"
More information on diaper rash: Uh-Oh! Baby has a bright red rash in the diaper area! Don't panic, Mom. Most babies will get diaper rash during the first year. Diaper rash can occur anytime your baby is in diapers, but it is most common in babies under 12 months old. Diaper rash may occur more commonly in babies eating solid food or taking antibiotics.
Not to worry, though, most cases of diaper rash can be treated easily at home. Here are some simple steps to follow to treat diaper rash and prevent diaper rash in the future:
- Change baby's diaper whenever it is soiled. This is the most important measure you can take to heal diaper rash and prevent diaper rash.
- Cleanse & Soothe: Pediatricians do not recommend using diaper wipes when baby has a diaper rash. Never use wipes that may contain harsh cleansers or alcohol which can dry and irritate baby's delicate skin. Cleanse baby's bottom with our naturally-based California Baby® Non-Burning & Calming™ Diaper Area Wash as part of each diaper change.
- Absorb & Cool: Use California Baby® Non-Talc Powder to keep the area dry and cool.
- Prevent: Use California Baby® Diaper Rash Ointment regularly to create a moisture barrier. California Baby® Diaper Rash Ointment is safe and gentle enough to use at every diaper change. This gentle ointment will soothe irritation and help keep skin healthy.
- Baby's bottom needs a little room to breathe. Exposing baby's skin to the air is a natural way to dry out diaper rash. Let baby wear his birthday suit whenever possible! Cloth diapers also let the skin breathe and are good for the environment.
- Don't forget to wash your hands with soap and hot water after every diaper change!
Updated News About Diaper Rash Ointment — From Jessica, Founder of California Baby®:
The result of California Baby’s new anhydrous (water-free) formula is a rich, pure and soothing, super-elegant preservative free formula that is 49% more concentrated (at the same size and price!) with 51% fewer ingredients (less ingredients=less possibility for irritation). And most important, much-needed relief for cranky buns and stressed-out parents alike.