So you know someone who is having a baby? That’s so exciting! And let’s be honest: sometimes the birth of a new baby is even better for the people who aren’t actually giving birth to the baby nor raising it. First time grandparents, BFFs to the mama-to-be, aunts and uncles, and coworkers all get to love on the adorable new little person without having to be pregnant for 40 long weeks and can always hand the baby back to mama or daddy if he/she starts to crying or has a dirty diaper. It’s a win-win!
But with the great joy of getting to love on that little squish comes the great responsibility of getting the perfect baby shower gift. Luckily, we here at Green Bambino have your back! We’ve compiled a list of the Best Baby Shower Gifts, based on feedback from the new parents we know, to make sure you are voted “Best Gift Giver” at the next baby shower you attend!
Gifts for the Hippie Baby
- When someone tells you they are a hippie or want to have a hippie baby, the first thing that pops to mind is probably cloth diapers, but there are so many other gift options as well. (If you want to learn all about cloth diapers, check out our Cloth Diapering Basics blog series here.) Also popular among the hippie families (okay - among all families) is babywearing. Babywearing is incredibly popular AND has amazing benefits for both baby and mama/dada. Finally, consider eco-friendly toys and meal time accessories for when the baby gets a bit older.
Gifts for the Future-Focused Baby
- Most of the time, people buy baby shower gifts that can be used within the first few months of the child's life. There's nothing wrong with that, but if you like to plan ahead and prepare for the future, might we suggest giving a gift that won't be used right away but is guaranteed to come in handy in about 6-12 months? A Wonder Bib, first utensils, and a plate that won't go sailing across the room when the toddler decides it's better to play with dinner than eat it will all make you a rockstar gift-giver at the next baby shower you attend.
Gifts to Give Mama & Daddy Some Peace
- At the end of the day, the new parents are going to be...exhausted. (Actually, they are going to be exhausted pretty much 24/7 for the first few years, but that's a topic for a different blog post.) By giving them a Pello or Boppy Lounger, you are giving them a safe space to put their new bundle of joy while they brew a pot of coffee or take a quick shower. Both of these items keep baby safe and secure while freeing up the parent's hands for a while.
Gifts for the Future Bibliophile
- They say "today a reader, tomorrow a leader," so help shape the future by contributing to the baby's in-home library. A few of our favorites are the time honored classics like "The Very Hungry Caterpillar," "Goodnight Moon," and all of the Little Golden Books, but we also really love Indestructibles books for first-time readers and "Elephant & Piggie" for slightly older readers.
Tried-and-True Baby Shower Gifts
- Of course, there's something to be said for a classic baby shower gift. If you're looking for a tried-and-true, guaranteed winner of a gift, check out the latest fashions, cutest pacifiers, and snuggliest loveys on the block.
Nothing on this list sound like the Perfect Baby Shower Gift for the little one in your life? Not to worry! Just come in to our store and our Baby Product Specialists will be more than happy to help you find exactly what you’re looking for - even if you don’t quite know what it is you’re looking for yet!